Plain, simple, sincere, no fuss art journaling! Free your creative spirit! No artistic talents needed!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Art Journal 2013

Oh, I am so excited about my new journal! There is something very special about hand stitched journals and I want to share with you my journal for 2013. I stitched it together last night and made the covers this morning. 

I had a few sheets of Fabriano Artist's watercolor paper and can not remember the gsm but it's not thick and could be about 160 gsm. The paper is smooth and thin but can take watercolors very well. I think this will be perfect for all the art journaling techniques I am planning to do. I can write, paint with watercolors, acrylics, inks and do sketching as well. For the covers I used recycled cardboard box. I covered the panels with fabric, layered some gesso all over and used my inks, stencils and craft acrylic paint  to do the design.




Golden corners to add strength. A 
touch of  sparkle here and there with Stickles glimmer glue! 



 Keep well everyone and have a lovely week! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...